Every business is at risk of things beyond your control. We buy insurance to protect from financial losses, but insurance can’t replace the data and applications that make your business work.
Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) are often used interchangeably, but they’re different mindsets. With DR you’re thinking, “Is my data safe, and can I get it back?” With BC you’re thinking, “How quickly can I get operating again?” In either case you need a solution to ensure that any disruption is minor and temporary and insulating you from:
- Natural disaster – Whether Mother Nature strikes with an earthquake, storm, flood, or fire, it’s critical to get back up as smoothly and quickly as possible. 80% of companies that close for more than 5 days never reopen.
- Hardware failure or human error – When hardware fails it can take data with it. Humans aren’t perfect either, and one wrong switch flipped or forgotten save can lead to huge problems. Regular backups are essential, and cloud-based backups offer more protection than offsite locations which may be impossible to reach.
- Cybercrime – Virus and ransomware attacks can hold your data hostage, grinding your business to a halt and causing massive losses.
- Customer service – You have contracts that must be fulfilled, deliverables, and customers to service. Getting back on your feet as fast as possible will minimize disruption and avoid unhappy customers.
The Media & Entertainment industry has unique business challenges that – until now – have made an affordable, scalable, and practical end-to-end Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery solution impossible.
- You have a huge volume of media files, requiring a vast amount of storage
- Redundancy to replicate production and post processes and facilities is extremely expensive
- Currently backups (like disc-to-tape) take a lot of time to restore, are less secure, and are often susceptible to the same catastrophe affecting on-prem
The CAPEX investment required for equipment and real estate on-premises or in secondary locations is cost-prohibitive. Not to mention that geographically remote backups aren’t going to help if post-production can’t get to them.
BeBop solves all of these problems. In fact, enabling complete, affordable, and viable DR and BC is inherent in everything the BeBop platform does.
If you are running data backups every day at midnight you have an RPO of 24 hours. That’s the maximum amount of data you’ll lose or have to recreate.
If you have an RTO of 2 weeks, that’s the length of downtime you can tolerate while getting back up and running.
Obviously the shorter your RPO and RTO are the better, but the costs associated with enabling the shortest durations are the highest. BeBop enables you to easily adjust your RPO as needed, while minimizing RTO to get you back up and running fast.
Rocket automates movement to and from premises, and works in parallel to automatically sync, duplicate, and store all production content in any public or private cloud.
Transfer any file size and any format or codec from any location, without physically moving anything, and only authorized persons can download.
Footage backups are fully encrypted and automatic, and can quickly restore source files that are lost.
- Kid got a toothache and the editor has to go home?
- VFX artist has to fly to Japan?
- Blizzard knocks out power?
- Martians attack Earth and steal your servers?
- BeBop has you covered!
Visual effects, editing, compliance, and other post work can continue using BeBop from anywhere, any time, with the same software you use on-prem (Adobe Creative Cloud, Foundry, Autodesk, etc.). All you need is a modest internet connection.
BeBop Over The Shoulder (OTS) enables secure, real-time remote review and approval of BeBop sessions. Full-screen, as if you were in the room, with real-time voice chat.